Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Beautiful Sunny Ride


For those of you who haven't been following the Facebook page, I've been test riding a Bullitt that Joel at Splendid Cycles has been lending me. Yesterday I rode it out to the farm on a beautiful sunny day with a pretty full load of 8 boxes, plus an extra bulb crate I had at home. The boxes were empty back hauls, and Thursday I'll try it loaded and give an update. I'll also write a more complete review on my other site.

The ride was notable, but so was the beautiful sunny day, which we need more of. Soil is starting to dry out and make bed preparation easier. The grass is growing like crazy and I need to get on top of that, but for now it's actually a good cover crop (or so I'm telling myself).  I prepared beds for kale, spinach and beet plantings yesterday, removing lots of grass roots and rhizomes in the process. Celery and basil got seeded in the greenhouse, and several new yellow jacket nests were removed with the jet of a hose (they really like those warm, dry spots). I'm basically all caught up on planting right now, which is incredible. I need to spend a little time getting the irrigation system in order, and doing a few more maintenance projects leftover from the winter. What I really want to be doing right now is preparing more beds for future plantings, and that'll happen too.

No comments:

Post a Comment